Here is 10 top tips to maximise your business cards to gain more leads
- Never leave home without your businesses cards; you never know who you may meet.
- In a networking situation, a great way to initiate a business card handoff is to ask for the other person’s card first, rather than offer your own. This shows the person that you are genuine and not just trying to push your business onto them. They will then feel more comfortable and willing to ask for your card in return.
- When handing out business cards, don’t limit your business cards to one per person. Always give at least three so they can keep one and pass the others on.
- Always send business cards with every piece of mail correspondence from quotes and invoices to greeting cards.
- Use them as a Bag Stuffer. One of the best ways to get repeat customers is by placing a business card in every bag or parcel sent out.
- Make sure your family and friends always have a few to distribute, especially now we are coming into the festive social season.
- Put them on local notice boards at supermarkets or other public places.
- See if other local complementary businesses will let you place your cards on their counters and you could do the same in return to help cross-pollinate each other.
- Make sure everyone who works for you has a business card. Not only does it boost staff morale, but they will also hand it out to their personal networks too that you are not connected too.
- If you are in trade business and you are working in a residential area, don’t be shy. Write a
message on your business card and drop it in the neighbour’s letterboxes. For example: “Hello, I’m working in the area if you would like a quote don’t hesitate to call me.” The neighbours can then talk about excellent service.
Your business card is one of your most valuable marketing tools, and they are very affordable so to sprinkle them around like confetti!
Let me know your tips on how to get the most out of your business cards. Was this post helpful to you? Do you want to see more posts like this, please comment.⠀